Since its founding in the 1950s, Hillel at Stanford has experienced expansive growth – now sponsoring more than 300 programs each year in conjunction with numerous affiliated student groups and a variety of campus and community partners. More students than ever are turning to Hillel, searching for meaning, spiritual growth and a community of which they can feel a part.
The mission of Hillel at Stanford is to empower Jewish students at Stanford to explore and deepen their Jewish identities, and to envision their futures with choices inspired by Jewish values and commitments. Leveraging the distinction of Stanford University and the global impact of our graduates, Hillel enriches the lives of Jewish undergraduate and graduate students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
- A home for experiencing Jewish tradition, practice, values, culture and community
- A place for learning, both formally and informally, about Jewish topics
- A community for developing relationships and having fun
- A nurturing sanctuary for countering the stresses of student life and for discussing key concerns of students using a Jewish lens
- A critical contributor in enhancing campus life and in bettering the world through social action and social justice
We value: a welcoming environment • meaningful Jewish experiences • well-being of self and others • a vibrant Israel • thriving Jewish peoplehood • collaboration • excellence
Hillel at Stanford is a beneficiary of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties.